Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow?

What a night it was!

The wind started blowing hard around 11:30 and blew ALL night. The power went off when it started to snow. Since no power means no heater, it got COLD!

Luckily, the kids have more blankets on their bed than they know what to do with and have decided to share the bottom bunk. I got up and piled all the blankets on them and tossed Molly (the little dog) in with them so they would stay warm.

I am SO happy I made them put on their warmer pajamas when they started to fight with me before bed instead of giving in and letting them sleep in their undies.

By the time I got back to bed, I was frozen. I made Hubbs move over to my side of the bed since his was already warm and cuddled up with Duke (the big dog).

The sun was up around 7ish and still no damn power. By 7:30 the power was back on. The heaters kicked back on so I decided I had better get up and get ready for work.

I was pissed when I remembered that my coffee machine is a Bunn. I got to the kitchen, stopped in front of the coffee machine and did the whole "Forehead slap-Doh!" thing. I have a love/hate relationship with it. It has to stay plugged in so that the water inside stays hot. If it gets unplugged or the power goes off, the water inside cools down very fast. As long as it stays hot, the coffee is made like it should be. If it isn't hot, all that comes out is cold yuck.

But there is coffee at work!

So that is where I am now. Sitting at work watching the snow melt.

It is going to be a sloooow day. School is cancelled because they don't think the power is going to stay on consistently. No mail because the wind blew the truck over on the highway last night. No parts delivery because the roads around us are closed.

I have been here an hour and 43 minutes. Not a damn thing has happened. Wait, the phone rang twice.

At least the internet is working and I have coffee. I will survive. Off to blog stalk!

No comments: