Thursday, January 21, 2010

So Lazy Today

I have no motivation today.

It started pouring rain last night around 10:30 and it still hasn't stopped. Right now, I think I see a few snow flakes mixed in with the rain but that could be my eyes messing with my brain.

I found out at lunch that our county is under a "State of Emergency". There is a big command center set up somewhere and have this evacuation plan ready.

I can see it as both a good thing and a bad thing. Good thing: It is possible that the Little Colorado River will get too full after it stops raining and the snow melts next week. It is possible that it will flood some of the houses outside the city limits (including Lonnie and Sharon's house).

Bad thing: People are already freaking out. I drove by Safeway and Walmart on my way back to work and the parking lots were packed!

I had to feel kinda bad for the people that waited until Today to get semi-prepared for this storm. But then again, it is their own fault. We have known about this storm since Monday and it isn't even as bad as the weather people predicted it to be.

I, on the other hand, am more than prepared. LoL Of course I am. We have even offered to take in our friends (and their pets) that might get flooded until everything dries out a little.

Ok, that is definitely snow that I see.

No comments: