Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Back from Vegas

We had so much fun!

It was a VERY long drive to Vegas. The wind was blowing around 70-75 mph so the highway was shut down. So instead of waiting until 4:30 for the highway to open up we decided to go south and then over. That added 1 & 1/2 hours to the trip. We ended up getting there around 5:30. We headed over to Circus Circus and got all checked in and unloaded.

The rest of the trip is kind of a blur.....I drank too many Margaritas and Daiquiris.
Some highlights of the trip:
~I won $240 on a quarter machine the first night at New York New York.
~We rode in a limo.
~Hubbs is an amazing Black Jack player. I am guessing he won (but didn't come home with) close to $1500 the whole time we were there.
~The hotel room sucked. Dirty, old and broken down.
~Hubbs and I only went to 1 strip club.
~I decided I like Old Vegas much better than New Vegas.
~The Titanic Exhibit rocked.

The next time we go I want to stay at the Luxor. It has such a relaxed atmosphere.

We did pretty well sticking to the $200 gambling cash. We paid cash for everything except for the Titanic Exhibit and our hotel room. I freaked out the last night and pulled some cash out of the ATM for "just in case" but we ended up only spending $40 of it.

We are hoping to go again next April. We will have to find a different sitter for the boys other than my family. Long story short, my sister took off Friday morning and ended up in South Phoenix instead of where she was supposed to be. Any other freaking weekend would have been okay but this one? Such bullshit. I am just adding it to the list of things that piss me off about my family. One of these days I will get around to posting about it.

No comments: