Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Damn my bad luck

The kids have been sick since we got home from Vegas. Both of them have been coughing and running fevers. They seem to be feeling better today so off to daycare and Nonnies they went.

I have been feeling kinda shitty since Sunday night. I thought at first I was getting another sinus infection.

Well today I have decided that it can't be just a sinus infection. My normal symptoms are not there. I have no drainage anymore, no sinus headache, no dizziness.

My head feels fine but my throat is killing me and my voice sounds all froggy. I have been popping cough drops and extra strength Tylenol all day.

I shouldn't even be at work. I should be at home in bed. Maybe tomorrow I will stay home.

To top it all off, I think I am getting pinkeye. Yay! I thought the pinkeye shit was over when the cats went to live with my mom but I guess I was wrong. My eye looks and feels so gross. I did get some pretty good advice from the coupon girls as to how to get rid of it.

The best part of all of this? No insurance. I couldn't go to the doctor even if I wanted to. Hubbs' job screwed up and reported to the insurance company that Hubbs took a leave of absence instead of being furloughed so they terminated our coverage as of February 28th. I didn't find out about it until last week when I called to double check we had coverage for Monk Man's dentist appointment.

Aaaarrrrrrhhhhh.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow turns out to be a better day.

4 comments:

That Girl said...

ugh, hope you guys feel better soon!

RockstarMama said...

Oh, that's SOOO FUN!! I had pinkeye last year. I felt like a huge douche. Hope you feel better soon!!!!!!

The Three Little Bears said...

I am sure if you drop the words "swine flu" you might get free medical care from the local health center.

I hope you feel better soon!

Samantha said...

Thanks for the comments! Seriously, you all brightened up a pretty shitty day. Douche made me giggle like a school girl.