Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Humor Me for Just A Second

Hi! I am back from a much needed blog break. Life was kicking my ASS. Hopefully things will slow the hell down for a little while.

I am kicking off the end of my sabbatical with yet another paranoid post. Yay!

I know you all have heard of the Swine Flu by now. Well.........living so close to Mexico where it is a pandemic, I am a little worried. But not worried enough to Saran Wrap my windows shut, lock my kids up inside the house or start rockin the Michael Jackson surgical mask look. But just worried enough to wonder about stuff.

So far, here in Arizona, there are 4 confirmed cases and 40+ unconfirmed cases waiting on results from the CDC. I am not 100% sure WHERE these cases are located except for 1. The 1 I know about is about 3 hours away from me.

This morning, my daycare lady told me that her son came home from High School yesterday and told her that a kid in one of his classes is suspected to have it.

Needless to say, Monk Man stayed home from daycare today. To be honest, he was going to stay home anyway. He wouldn't get out of bed and Hubbs said he could stay home and help him in the yard.

I am not putting too much thought into the rumor of someone having it here in town. Yet. I will believe it when they close the school. Small town talk is always blown out of proportion.

Are you surprised about how calm I am being about all this? I am a little surprised at myself. Don't get me wrong, I think this can become a huge issue but all you can do is take precautions not to get it and be prepared if you do get it.

We are taking precautions as of yesterday when the first case was confirmed here in Arizona. Lots of hand washing, antibacterial tissues, not sharing drinks just to name a few of the things. We are getting prepared in case it really is her in town. I have my stockpile we can use if the grocery stores close down or we have to shut ourselves inside. Thanks to couponing, I am guessing that we have about a months worth of stuff in the pantry and freezer. We would do okay.

I have been meaning to take some pictures of my pantry/stockpile room for months now and haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe some day I will get to it and you will all get to see how crazy I really am. (Only half kidding)

On a happier note, Monk Man is turning 4 tomorrow. I am a little sad that he is getting so big so fast but I am ready for the terrible 3s to be over. That boy is a Hellion! Luckily Bobblehead hasn't figured out how to be bad like his brother yet. All I want is 6 months with 2 sweet boys and I think I will be able to manage going through the terribles again.

No comments: