Friday, April 18, 2008

Extreme Thinness Banned

Taken from MSN.com~~Madrid Fashion Week banned too-skinny models. So did New York Fashion Week. And now, France wants to ban promoting extreme thinness. Ultrathin models, it seems, have fallen out of style.



According to an article I found: In Italy, authorities and fashion designers last month adopted guidelines banning models if they do not meet a body mass index equivalent to 55 kilos (121 pounds) for someone measuring 1.75 meters (five foot seven). I would be tall enough to model in Italy but not heavy enough. Five foot 7 and 121 lbs. Now that is healthier than 5 foot 7 and 96 lbs (Which I have been, before EACH pregnancy.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am a skinny chick. I have been my entire life. I have also struggled with my self-esteem, well the lack of self-esteem actually. Wanna hear what I think about this? Of course you do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is about damn time! I think it is great news. I hope that this will help change how people see beauty. You dont have to be thin to be beautiful. I am thrilled that the fashion people have finally realized that beautiful people come in all shapes and sizes.



Eating disorders are not sexy. They are life threatening diseases. What is sexy about seeing hip bones and ribs and sunken in faces? What is hot about taking laxatives or sticking your finger down your throat? I cant speak for anyone else, but I think it is gross, not attractive.



And it isnt just women that are suffering from these diseases. Men battle Anorexia and Bullemia too. If you dont believe me, google Male Eating Disorder Statistics. You will be shocked.



I will be the first to admit that I could stand to gain a few pounds. I like my after baby body (except for the stretch marks and saggy skin) because I finally have some curves. I look and feel healthy. After I had Monk Man, I managed to keep some of the weight on for about a year. I am not sure about after I had Bobblehead. He is 6 months old and I have yet to step on a scale. (Too scared to.)

No comments: