Saturday, April 26, 2008

Stockpiling food? WTF?

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/104914/Load-Up-the-Pantry

In case you don't want to read the whole article, this is the VERY FIRST LINE! "I don't want to alarm anybody, but maybe it's time for Americans to start stockpiling food.
No, this is not a drill."

Ummm, yeah. You DO want to alarm people, otherwise this would not have been the opening sentence and it would not have been on Yahoo's homepage. STUPID as HELL! Bring on the rioters.

I was brought up LDS and as you probably already know, that church recommends that families keep a year supply. I don't exactly think that is a bad idea. In fact, I know a few people that actually had to use it and their family would not have eaten if it wasn't for the year supply.

But when I hear stockpiling my mind automatically goes to The Great Depression type scenarios. Not good.

But I guess I really SHOULD have more canned goods in my pantry. But if things get as bad as in the past (Great Depression), I better load up on ammo too. And have some cash on hand.

But let me be honest. This is a mobile home, a trailer. It isn't exactly the epitome of storage space. KWIM? He he he, we could always hide the food UNDER the trailer....

For the record, no, I am not JoJoBob. For those of you that were wondering. :)

No comments: