Wednesday, April 9, 2008

P.J.

P.J. is alive! I am so happy I could cry.
Monday, Hub called me at work and told me I needed to come home. Something had happened to one of my fur babies.
So I pulled up into the driveway and he has the truck hood open. There is fur everywhere. As it turns out, P.J. was sleeping in the truck engine and when Hub started the truck, he heard a thud and, poof, all this hair started flying out of the engine compartment.
We looked and looked for this stupid cat. Monday passes, then Tuesday passes. Nothing. I was starting to lose hope that P.J. made it.
After I woke up this morning, I was sitting outside smoking while I was waiting for the coffee to finish brewing. My mind has been playing tricks on me since Monday night so I kept hearing meowing. And then I saw him. My heart skipped a beat. I had never been so happy to see one of the fur babies in my life.
I was afraid to pick him up or pet anywhere but his fuzzy little head. Ugh. He does look pretty pitiful. His tail is broken and his back is naked in a big strip where the fan belt must have pulled out his fur. But other than that, he seems just fine.
I will call our vet this morning to see what we can do for a broken tail. If anyone knows of an effective home remedy, please post it and save me around $75.

1 comment:

-Bridget said...

How scary! So glad everything turned out ok.