Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Help?

I have started writing then deleting this post at least a dozen times in the past few days.

We got some bad news this weekend. FIL is dieing from Muscular Dystrophy.

OMG. Typing that makes me want to throw up.

What a scary phrase.

Its worse than cancer to me.

Cancer, I can deal with.
Cancer, we have been through that.
Cancer, I know something about that.

But Muscular Dystrophy? I know squat about it. Zip. Nada. Nothing.

I am sad and pissed off. But that is totally not a new combination of feelings for me. I am already used to wanting to cry one moment and then wanting to punch something in the next moment. Welcome to the story of my life.

I guess it was more than coincidence that Hubbs decided to come home from Iowa with us. I can't imagine how much harder it would be on all of us if he was still that far away.

So I looked it up on webmd. Bad idea. I know better than to even THINK about that website. I skimmed the pages and pages of information on Monday, spooked myself, closed the window and haven't gotten the nerve to look up anything else about it.

The details that I have managed to drag out of Hubbs are hazy. All I know is that it is bad. FIL isn't doing well at all.

And I have to be tested to see if I am a carrier. It is pretty much a given (from what stepMIL says) that Hubbs is a carrier but since I know nothing about my birth parents, I have to be tested. I guess I determine whether or not we need to worry about Monk Man and Bobblehead developing it.

Son. Of. A. Bitch.

The possibility of my little dudes getting this makes me want to throw up too. But I can't bring myself to blog about that yet. I am lucky to have been able to get THIS far tonight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now for help. If any of you have experience with Muscular Dystrophy, tell me about it. Please? I want to read YOUR stories. I want to go to the websites YOU recommend. Either leave the information in the comments or email me. I am sure my email address is somewhere in my header. Maybe. Thanks in advance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So if I don't post much for a while, or you don't see me lurking on Babycenter.....I didn't drop off the face of the earth or get smothered in my sleep by my children. I'm just dealing with family issues.

Either that or you might be getting a million posts per day. You never can tell with me.

No comments: