Friday, June 20, 2008

My Head Is Spinning

Why? The last 2 days have been Hell.



Yesterday (Thursday)

Hubbs got a call from the Railroad and they told him that the board he has been on (that pays him to not find another job) had been abolished. So no more paychecks, no more insurance.



So I went into survival mode. I started thinking about what we can cut out of our routines to save us money. I didn't come up with much. Things are already pretty tight. I really don't want to have to charge anything ever again.



I *could* cancel the WOW account but then Hubbs would find some more expensive hobby. I *could* cancel XM but then I would be back to buying CDs. I already buy generic foods, generic diapers, generic everything.



The best thing I could come up with is to temporarily stop the debt snowballing. Its not much but it IS an extra $150.00 to $200.00 a month. And Hubbs would be going up to Colorado to build houses with his brother.



That's all I came up with.



Hubbs checked some memos from the Railroad and found out that he could put in a request for "temporary transfer" to Iowa. So he called his union rep and left a voice mail. The union rep called back very late last night and gave him some of the information he needed but not ALL of what he wanted to know. So he called a dude in Iowa that was in charge of the whole thing. Voice mail with this dude too.

So off to bed with an ass kicking migraine. Fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today (Friday)

Hubbs got up at 3 AM. I don't know why. He just said he couldn't sleep. I got up at 6 AM and just around that time, the dude from Iowa called him back with the information he needed.

But right after he got off the phone he found another memo that offered Montana as another option for the temporary transfer.

Ugh. Too many life altering decisions. I do not do well with shit changing. Not at all.

We decided on Iowa.

So he got all his paperwork faxed in. The Railroad bought him an airplane ticket for tomorrow. It was something like $600. Oh. My. Gawd. It is a good thing that the Railroad paid for the ticket because that is not cool. We don't have that kind of money. I don't think most people do either.

So we are staying in a hotel in Phoenix tonight so he can catch the plane tomorrow. There is no way in hell I would try to drive down there tomorrow and then drive back in the same day. My back is too screwed up to sit for that long in the car.

We are taking Monk Man with us but leaving Bobblehead with my mom.

I am not happy about having to suck it up and let my mom watch the boys today and Bobblehead tonight. But at least my dad is there to keep that whole crazy ass family in line.

So anyway, the deal with the temporary transfer. Hubbs gets a bonus when he gets to Iowa. Plus he gets another bonus every week he is there on top of what he would normally make.

I guess the reason that they are offering this temporary transfer is because of all the flooding. The floods washed out the tracks and now that the tracks are replaced they have way more trains than they have people to drive them.

So I don't feel 100% at ease with this but I don't feel like something bad is going to happen.

He could be gone for 3 weeks (at the least) or he could be gone for 3 months (at the most). Its really up in the air right now.

So I feel like my head is going to explode. There is so much to do, so much to worry about, so much unknown. Ugh. That's all for now.

I HAVE to get some work done today so they don't fire my ass.

2 comments:

-Bridget said...

I'm getting caught up on the story of hubby and your separation. That has got to be so difficult. I hope you two are able to be together again soon.

Samantha said...

It sucks. But we do talk on the phone 1 or 2 times a day and we text eachother a lot. Being able to communicate with him makes it a little easier to handle.