Saturday, June 7, 2008

My poor kids

My kids start hearing the word "No!" at a very young age. Around the age they start crawling or eating in the highchair.

I am guessing that Bobblehead has heard "No!" a few hundred times. Monkman has probably heard it 546876845468 times.

"No!" seems to have very little effect on Monk Man. In one ear and out the other. Actually, it has never had much meaning to him. But with Bobblehead, the word seems to crush him.

Just today I was feeding Bobblehead some applesauce and he kept reaching for the spoon. (Don't get me wrong, I will accept it when he can feed himself with a fork and spoon but I really like feeding him and 8 months is a little young for me to start accepting it.) So he got the stern "No!" and when he gave me that look, I thought I was going to cry.

The same thing goes when he discovers that we put the dog's water bowl back on the floor and starts splashing in it. Either I will have to clean up a huge mess or he will try to drink it so I have to bring out my big guns. "No! Stay out of the dog water!" Ugh. Such a sad look.

No comments: