Saturday, August 2, 2008

Baby Center Horoscopes?

Has anyone checked out the Babycenter Horoscope thingy?

I did. I am a sucker for any kind of "new feature". I am a little embarrassed to admit that I don't know my children's astrological signs so as soon as I figure out what they are I will blog about what Babycenter's Horoscope says about us.

So this is what it told me (in black) and whether or not it was correct or not (in blue):


About the Taurus Parent
Patient, Practical, and Purely Indulgent

As a Taurus parent, you provide a wonderfully grounding influence in your children's lives. Practical and patient, you're always ready with a smile and a hug when a child needs one. You have a good sense of what truly matters, so you rarely get worked up about nothing.
I am not very patient. And I get worked up about EVERYTHING.

No, your main fault as a parent has more to do with indulgence! You're a pushover when it comes to your kids' requests for cake, ice cream, trips to the movies or the amusement park... Hey, you just want them to be happy, right?
Yeah, I do want them to be happy. I do give in too much and my boys are a little spoiled.

Still, use common sense to make sure they eat good foods and get enough exercise. That shouldn't be much of a problem, though, since you're naturally connected with the earth. You enjoy a variety of healthy, natural foods, and you love sharing meals with your family. Taking a walk together after dinner will benefit your family's physical and emotional health.
Healthy foods? What is that? We eat a lot of quick dinners (the easier, the better), lots of sugar loaded cereals, lots of fried stuff but we have cut way back on the fast food. I do like to eat dinner at the table together. And being "naturally connected with the earth" is correct. I would much rather spend time outside than inside.

Your kids are likely to be quite secure in your love. You're affectionate and enjoy cuddling with your little ones. You'll teach your kids all about the essential Taurus values of loyalty, hard work, and endurance.
True, I am very affectionate with the boys. I love hugs, kisses and cuddles. And also true about loyal, hardworking and endurance.

You enjoy being surrounded by the people, pets, and things you value most, so your family home is most likely a cluttered, colorful, and comfortable place. Just make sure to be flexible when your children do and say things you don't expect. Stubbornness is one of your famous flaws, but children need open-mindedness as well as stability.
True, true, true about the cluttered home. Not dirty but messy. Me? Stubborn? Never!

No comments: