Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Plans for Tomorrow

I had to take the day off of work Thursday to stay with Monk Man.

Daycare is closed the rest of the week because they are going camping. My mom has both boys today. Yikes. She told me last week that there was NO way that she could handle both of them for 3 days in a row and that I would have to figure out what to do with one of them for at least one of the days.

So I took the day off. Bobble head is still getting dropped off at my mom's house though. It is going to be Monk Man and Mom day.

I, being a little....well, anal and controlling.....have already planned some of the day. This is how I HOPE things go.
~We are going to sleep in
Yeah right. I will be lucky to sleep in until 7ish. Bobblehead is a morning person and he takes waking up very seriously.
~Shower and get dressed
This usually goes pretty smoothly.
~Drop Bobblehead off.
I can't wait to see the look on their faces when we show up. She only said I had to figure out what to do with one, not both. Ha ha!
~Do some fun grocery shopping
Our stash of chocolate chips, marshmallows, fruit snacks and other snacks is getting pretty low.
~Stop at the local coffee shop
It has been a long time since we have gotten to spend a whole day with each other, alone, and I think I will need the extra caffeine around 9, maybe 8:30.
~Make cookies
Monk Man requested this last night. He loves to help cook and cookies are just about the only thing I have enough patience to let him help with.
~Head down to the Creek
About 10 miles out of town we have a small leg from the Colorado River, which we call Clear Creek. It really isn't clear at all. It has a beachy area that Monk Man will be able to wade around in and enjoy being out of the house.
~Nap
I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Creek wears him out enough to be able to take a nap without a fight.

Aaaannnd that is it. That is as far as I have planned. I think I will leave the rest of the day up to him. I have a feeling it will entail the PS3, PlayDough in the house (eek) and a bike ride around the neighborhood.

Pssstttt....wish me luck. It is going to be a busy busy busy day!

2 comments:

KimboSue said...

sounds like you only have plans till around....10AM! Hope the little guy keeps you busy and ya'll have a great time together.

Schmoochiepoo said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who plans everything down to the last detail. Too bad mine end up derailed by 9am.

Good luck! The nap part sounds good. :)