Friday, April 9, 2010

Busy Busy!

Has it been a crazy ass week for anyone else?

I am so overwhelmed but VERY happy it is Friday again.

Monday: Typical Monday, busy as hell. People dropping off cars, picking up cars, renting cars, towing cars, ugh. Plus all the phone calls with all the stupid questions that go along with the car business. I was lucky to get half of my lunch break. I was running around all day. The wind was awful. I am talking about 30-40 mph winds. ADOT shut down the highways.

Tuesday: Got to work for 30 minutes before I get a call from my mother. Bobblehead is barfing all over the bathroom again. I need to come get him. Awww, do I have to? I would much rather be at work than at home cleaning up puke. Hubbs had to go to the "Big City" an hour away so he could get a physical. He is thisclose to getting back to work. I am SO happy. He promised to go there and hurry back so I could get back to work. Well, that didn't exactly happen. He got home around 4:15 so it was pointless to go back to the shop. Shithead.
Monk Man had his first T-ball practice Tuesday afternoon. There was no way I was going to miss that. So I dropped Bobblehead back off at my moms house and took Monk Man to practice. It was downright freezing. Monk Man found out the hard way that you can't pay attention to where the balls are if you are dancing around the outfield. He got hit in the cheek with a baseball.

Wednesday: Bobblehead is better so I get to go back to work. Yay! Both bosses are gone so of course it is busy as hell again. It is almost an exact repeat of Monday. Bleh. I think spring is finally here. It is nice and warm outside again.

Thursday: The morning was non stop craziness. I finally escape for lunch and found a stack of estimates to enter into the computer waiting for me when I got back. I re-entered so many estimates that my eyes burned the whole afternoon. The (only) good thing I can think about it is that business is FINALLY starting to pick up again. My bosses have been soooo stressed about business lately.

Friday: Friday must be my lucky day. I had another stack of estimates waiting for me when I got to work this morning but the parts arrived just at the right times to give me a break from the computer when I needed one. Right before I get to go to lunch, the boss calls me into his office. Aw crap. As it turns out, he has noticed how much I have been doing lately, how I have been busting my ass to make things run smoothly for everybody, how business is finally picking up, how I have the parts here when they are needed.....etc.
I GOT A RAISE!!!!!
I went from $8.25/hour to $10.00/hour. I couldn't be happier. It is a little sad to admit this but, this is the most I have ever been paid per hour. With the exception of when I was a waitress and make a ton of cash because, well, cash doesn't count.
AND, I found out what my mom got me for my birthday. I turn 28 in a couple of weeks and she has been on my ass about what I wanted. I honestly couldn't think of anything. I told her that we needed a new mattress. LoL Anyway she called me this morning and asked if I would be happy with a new camera instead. Of course I would be! It is this one. A Samsung S860, 8.1 mega pixel digital camera. I have a shitty Kodak Easy Share but as I have complained about before, it eats batteries like crazy and I have been thinking about saving up for a nice one.
So yay for Fridays!

No comments: