Monday, July 28, 2008

My Compost Bins

I finally got around to taking the pictures off my camera.

Drumroll please......Soooo exciting.

Here are the 2 Compost bins that a guy at work gave me. Please ignore the weeds that are taking over. The weed cutting is Hubb's job and he is still gone.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Yes, one is already full. I have no clue what I am doing. All I know is that everything can go in it except meat, dairy and fish. And it has to stay sorta wet and hot and I have to mix it up once in a while.

I never thought I would be so excited about garbage!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting excited about garbage is my middle name. :)

Nice compost setup. Good luck with your bins.

Samantha said...

Thanks! I hope it works as well as I think it will.

Emmy said...

I have an indoor compost bin and I am doing something wrong. Nothing seems to be breaking down. I have followed the directions and still nothing. Have any tips?