Monday, November 24, 2008

Red Bull Friday Update

I made a little progress on my laundry piles. I lost count of how many loads I did but it is all washed and all dried except for 1 load.

AND instead of taking the clothes out of the dryer and tossing them on the floor next to the bed, I actually sorted them into laundry baskets. And the towels got folded.

I am getting better about this laundry thing.

On top of getting the laundry done, I got the grocery shopping out of the way and I wrapped the rest of my Christmas presents.

Hooray!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My shopping totals:

~~Walmart: $111.97 0 Coupons
I picked up the last of the Christmas presents for Hubb's grandpa and Bobblehead. Plus Monk Man needed a bigger pair of shoes and I found a pair of adorable Sponge Bob PJs for him and Cars PJs for Bobblehead. And they both needed new socks. The washer and dryer eat Monk Man's socks and Bobblehead just loses his. For some reason, Walmart didn't have my el-cheapo creamer that I love and they only had the Coffee Mate super expensive not as tasty creamer.

~~Bashas: Total before coupons= $40.41 Total after coupons= $26.61 Savings of $13.80
I bought 20 Yogurts, 1 bag of Meow Mix and 2 containers of Frozen Rolls. All on sale and had coupons for the cat food and rolls. I had to get a rain check (cheque?) for Kibbles and Chunks though. Monk Man managed to sneak in a bag of M&Ms (no coupons and not on sale). Bashas is still doing double coupons up to a dollar so I might have to hit it again, without the kids, and walk up and down the aisles to see if there are any smokin deals since I was in such a rush on Saturday.

~~Safeway: Total before coupons= $220.44 Total after coupons=$143.58 Savings of $76.86
Safeway is my grocery store preference. I usually do the bulk of my shopping there because they always double my coupons. Either I missed a bunch of deals from the flier or the stuff was just unadvertised. I got 4 12-packs of Pepsi, 2 for free, 2 brown sugars, 2 cake frostings, 2 salad dressings, 2 diced tomatoes, 2 bags of chocolate chips, 2 Martinelli apple ciders, a french fried onion, a mayo, 2 brownie mixes, 2 Pam sprays, 2 Christmas Pez and refills, 24 cans of Fancy Feast, 2 gallons of milk, a tub of sour cream, 2 tubs of ice cream, 4 chocolate milks, 2 Kotex pads, 2 4-packs of o-celo sponges, a London Broil, a bunch of bananas, 2 bags of salads, and a 30 pack of Budwiser.

So, all 3 stores totals before coupons=$372.82 Totals after coupons=$282.16 Total savings=$90.66

Not too bad for a day that involved the dreaded Walmart. I can't wait to see how well I do next week.

No comments: