Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Bad Mom?

Monk Man has been begging for 2 weeks to go to pre-school. I told him no because I had heard it was really expensive. Now in my mind, really expensive means thousands of $$. We just can't swing that.

Well, last night I found out that it is $75 a month. Now that is doable. Especially when our daycare cost would drop from $360/month to $180/month. Half the time=half the bill. We would be saving money.

This morning, I walked over to the school (which just happens to be across the street from my moms house and daycare) to see what I could find out.

I didn't get any good news. The pre-school runs on the same schedule as a normal school year. Period. The only way they could make an exception was if Monk Man was special needs, which he isn't.

The guy I talked to suggested trying Headstart. My sister's baby's daddy's girlfriend (no lie, this is Springer shit) works for Headstart. She is NOT a good person anymore and I refuse to expose Monk Man to her. See, she used to be a good person. She was actually my next door neighbor and I have known her for years. But then she cheated on her husband (who is still my neighbor) and they got divorced. That is when she turned into what she is now. Psycho bitch.

Anyway, now I feel like a bad mom for not getting Monk Man into pre-school earlier. Does it really make me a bad mom or is it just standard mommy guilt?

I really want to make things right so I need your help. I want to start doing pre-school things at home in the evenings.

1) Tell me, what the hell do kids do in pre-school?
2) Send me any links related to home schooling or preschool. Blogs, printable stuff, pictures, web sites, anything.
3) You can email me: mommycrisp at yahoo dot com, PMAN on babycenter or leave a link in your comment.

4 comments:

-Bridget said...

If he's already going to daycare, he's probably already getting the same stuff so don't sweat it. Preschool is typically for those that aren't already in all day programs that wouldn't otherwise get social interaction and learning.

KimboSue said...

I got nothing on this but was also confused between the difference between daycare and preschool?

Morgan said...

Learning colors, ABCs, shapes, Letter sounds, counting, learning to share and follow directions, their phone number and address, writing letters, how to write their name... That's pretty much it :)

You can use a curriculum, or you can just do your own thing. I bought ABC and sight word flashcards to teach the kids. We use books for learning about things (usborne books as well as ones by the publisher Dorling Kindersly are great- both publishers are on Amazon.com).

I hope it goes well for you!

Samantha said...

Our daycare really doesn't do much. He is the oldest kid there until school is over for the day so he is with a bunch of kids 0-3 years old most of the time. The social interaction is great but he doesn't learn anything. He has only brought home 2 coloring pages in a year. To be honest, I think they sit around and watch TV all day.

It is a home daycare if it makes any difference.

Maybe I am totally over reacting. That has never happened before. ;)