Friday, September 25, 2009

Beef and Pasta Bake-Yum

We had this for dinner last night and everybody loved it!

Thanks go to Melissa on the Coupon Board for the recipe.

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked pasta
1 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 can tomato sauce
1 pkg. cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
2 green onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Brown beef, garlic and onion. Drain. Add tomato sauce and seasoning. Simmer 15 minutes. Mix sour cream, cream cheese and green onion. Layer cooked pasta, tomato sauce. Spread cheese mixture over top. Sprinkle with cheddar. Bake uncovered about 35 minutes or until top starts to brown.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a great recipe since it uses stuff that I normally have on hand. Next time I make it, I am going to change it a little. After the pasta is cooked, I am going to mix it with 4 beaten eggs before I layer the rest of the ingredients and bake. Personally, I prefer noodles that stick together (like my spaghetti pie recipe) as opposed to them swimming around on my plate.

No comments: