Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bunkbeds

My mom is getting the boys a bunk bed for their birthdays.

The first thing that popped into my head after hearing this news was the bunk bed scene from the banned-from-our-home-forever movie Step-Brothers. I had to laugh. I couldn't help myself.

If you haven't seen the movie, let explain it a little.

Imagine 2 adult, single men, around 40 years old or so, still living with their parents. These guys are about on the same mentality level as a kindergartner. Action figures, nose picking, a tree house fight, and cockandballs jokes pretty much make up the whole movie.

Ok so these guys have twin beds that they decide would make great bunk beds. A few nails, a bottle of Elmer's Glue and a roll of Scotch Tape later, they have this amazing (to them) bunk bed. Long story short, the bunk bed collapses. Lots of crying, screaming and "Oh my god I am going to die"ing later, their parents decide on no more power tool use is allowed after bedtime.

Don't worry, I don't think that the bunk bed for they boys is going to collapse. I actually think it is a good idea. I mean, it isn't a wow, how fun gift, but whatever. They are still little enough to think cardboard boxes and tissue paper ARE their presents.

The first few nights are going to be interesting. Right now, they both sleep in our room. Monk Man is on a day bed and Bobblehead is still in his pack-n-play. Yeah, almost 2 and still in the PNP. Shame on me. I can so imagine them both sliding across the kitchen floor in their socks and diaper/undies in the middle of the night playing air guitar (like that old Tom Cruise movie) while Hubbs and I are passed out.

Wait, I just realized that I will have a kid free bedroom. For the first time in almost 5 years. How awesome is that? Now if I could only convince Hubbs that sleeping on the couch is good for his hangover, I would be all set.

No comments: