Monday, May 5, 2008

I love playing in the dirt!

We had a very busy Sunday. We went to the plant store and bought $50 worth of veggies and flowers. The whole trunk area of the HHR was full. I planted seeds a few weeks ago but I got impatient. Big shock there. And Monk Man kept pulling the little plants out of the ground.

Oh holy hell this sunburn hurts. I am already peeling. Tomorrow is going to be craptastic.

So the first time in a couple of years, we have a garden again. Yay!

So here are some pictures. Please ignore the dog shit. That is Hub's job. He is slacking. And excuse the mis-spellings. The spell check on this thing makes my images go poof.

Tomatos
Photobucket


Tomatos
Photobucket


Tomatos
Photobucket


Tomatos
Photobucket


Colombines
Photobucket


SnapDragons
Photobucket


Blue Daisys
Photobucket


See the bee?
Photobucket


All the flowers together
Photobucket


Another View
Photobucket


All the Veggies Together
Photobucket


Another View
Photobucket


The Herbs
Photobucket


The Herbs again
Photobucket


Anahiem Peppers
Photobucket


Squash
Photobucket


Cucumbers
Photobucket


Corn
Photobucket


More Tomatos
Photobucket


Tomatos
Photobucket


Tomatos
Photobucket


Some Fire looking flowers
Photobucket


Some purple flowers that are supposed to smell like vanilla
Photobucket


Giranium
Photobucket


And here is the before...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Not pictured are the Watermelon. I dont know where those pictures disapeared to. Stupid Photobucket.

We use soooo many canned tomatos so I am going to have my grandma or MIL teach me how to can veggies to add to my pantry. I wanted some other veggies but the store did not have them out. I will keep looking though. Even if I spend another $50, I will be saving money. Fresh food from the grocery store is damn expensive. I think that is part of the reason that we dont eat much fresh food. That and I dont know how to cook.

No comments: