Saturday, September 13, 2008

Interesting Article

about the way that the Rockband and the Guitar Hero games have affected the music industry.

Check it out HERE

I am sure I have mentioned it before but music has a very important place in my life. The only time there isn't music playing is when we are sleeping or have certain family members over. **cough**the deaf ones**cough** Otherwise the computer is blasting something, or a cd player is on, or I have my mp3 player stuck in my ears. There is music on at home, in the car, at work, sometimes in my head.

I LOVE the Rockband and Guitar Hero games. I suck at it them but I have sooooo much fun. They are one of the few games that Hubbs will actually play with me.

The music is very familiar and with the exception of a few of the genres, it is music that I either listen to now or have listened to in the past.

Plus the games suck.me.in. I start playing and before I realize it, too much time has passed.

It keeps the boys entertained too. The bright colors and the sounds really capture their attentions. Some of the songs (like The Hand That Feeds and Hit Me With Your Best Shot, ones the kids have heard thousands of times) Monk Man can (try to) sing along to. And both boys dance around the living room until they pass out, whether they know the songs or not.

That is my idea of multi-tasking, oh hell yeah.

No comments: