Sunday, September 14, 2008

An Invitation

Our little town had a song written about us. It is our "claim to fame" and we are very proud of it. We actually have a "Standin on the Corner" corner.

L. O. L.

I will go take some pictures to prove the obsession if I can get someone to watch my kiddos for long enough to make my way down town.

A little back ground:

A long time ago (well a long time for me at least) the Eagles made a cd with a song called "Take It Easy" on it. Well that is the song that is about our little town.

It is a common misconception that the Eagles actually wrote the song, but Jackson Browne and Glenn Frey really wrote it. The Eagles just sang it. I found some info on Wikipedia about it.

Every year for the past 10 years, our town has thrown a "Standin On The Corner" festival. Its more like a really really big block party. Here is the official web page. If you click on the link you will see a banner of pictures at the top of the page. Look at the 2nd picture. I can't count how many times people have asked if that is me.

For the record, no, it isn't me. The original picture was painted before I was born. But thanks, it's flattering, that girl is a babe.

Well, it is that time of year again.

The "festival" starts in 2 weeks, on Friday the 26th and lasts until early Sunday morning.

There are vendors, food, live music (local bands, famous bands and semi-famous bands), a beer garden, dancing and TONS of people. People travel from all over to come party with us. Whole city blocks are shut down so we can party in the streets.

So I am inviting you to come party with me. If not this year, come next year. Bring your kids. It will be a blast.

No comments: