Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hi!

I am still here! Hubbs got home from Iowa on Saturday morning and between him and work, I haven't had much computer time.

Ummmm, whats happened the past week......

We went to the woods on Sunday for the Elk's Club Chili Cookoff. I think next year we will try the whole camping with kids thing. Maybe. It rained for about half the day but Monk Man loved it until I made him take a nap in the car because he was getting cranky as hell. Bobblehead couldn't have cared less about being out there.

We took my family out for dinner at the Outback on Monday. All of em. How many is all? Well, there was me, the 2 kids, Hubbs, my brother, 2 sisters, Ollie, my Kookie Cousin and her 2 kids, my Grandma I, and Spanky and Nonnie. I grabbed the bill before Spanky (my dad) noticed it on the table. Ouch, it was almost $300. But we had it in the checking account so we didn't charge it plus my parents have treated us to so many dinners, it is only fair that we pick up the tab once a year. At least that's how I am justifying it.

After dinner we headed over to Best Buy to look around and to wear the kids out so they would fall asleep for the hour long drive home. That was an expensive look around. We ended up getting a Playstation 3 and a few games for Hubbs, a Sponge Bob game for the Wii that Monk Man wanted and the newest season on DVD of House for me.

Yesterday (Tuesday) Hubbs got the trampoline (that was sitting on the front porch for a week waiting for my neighbor) set up for us. Hooray! Monk Man and I bounced for the better part of an hour yesterday evening, until the mosquito's started eating me alive.

Today, I am just working. How freaking exciting.

I took a mental health day for tomorrow so I can spend it hanging out with Hubbs and the kids and preparing myself for Friday. Hopefully one of us will come up with something interesting (and cheap) to do. Otherwise we will be camped out in the living room in front of the TV all day. But that's okay too.

Friday is a big, scary, super stress day for me. Monk Man gets his ear tubes at 9:00 a.m. I know it really isn't a big deal and I am going to freak out about nothing but worrying is what I do best. (I think I have said that before?)

Plus, Hubbs is going back to Iowa again. That sucks too. I mean the money he is making is awesome and we are finally getting back on track with this debt elimination thing.

But

I really miss him and I hate that he has to leave again. He is having to miss out on so much.

So, keep me in your thoughts on Friday. I need all the good vibes I can get so I don't completely fall apart. Saturday I will update on how the surgery went and whether I maintained or not.

2 comments:

Nomers said...

I hope the surgery went well and you are all at home resting comfortably.

Nomers said...

I have somethng for you over on my blog...hope you like it!