Sunday, September 21, 2008

No Red Bull Friday?

There was no Red Bull Friday this week. I have been fighting a killer sinus infection for a week now.

I went to the doctor Thursday because the sinus infection just wasn't going away on its own. Ohhhh the pain was horrible. The whole left side of my face was swollen, my throat was on fire, my jaw ached and my teeth were throbbing. I was given a prescription for a Z-Pack and sent back to work. At this point, I was popping Advil like they were candy and it was barely taking the edge off the pain. On Friday I had had enough and called the doctor to get a prescription for pain pills.

He gave me Darvocet. They took 5 hours and 4 pills to kick in.

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that I am allergic to them because I spent all day yesterday (Saturday) with my freaking head in the toilet. I was fine as long as I was laying on the floor, not moving. But when there are 2 dogs, a 3 1/2 year old and an 11 month old demanding my attention, laying still on the floor is just a fantasy.

After the first hour of puking I did call my sister to see if she would come get Monk Man for a few hours so I could lay down when Bobblehead was napping.

When I got up, I took half of a pain pill with a huge glass of milk because maybe taking them on an empty stomach wasn't the greatest idea. Well, the milk didn't do any good because as soon as I swallowed the pill I had to run to the toilet again for another hour.

I am back taking Advil. The pain is noticeably less than it was 2 days ago so maybe I will be able to function today.

This week only: Red Bull Friday is on Sunday

Here is the to-do list:
1) Dishes.
I may have not been able to eat but the kids still had to. I have about 4 days worth of dishes sitting in the sink and on the counter. Gross. I hate to have to admit that one.
2) Laundry.
I need to wash about a weeks worth and put away about 3 weeks worth of clothes.
3) Spot Clean the Carpet.
Momma is Sick?=Eat wherever you want.

I am not feeling too ambitious today and I don't want to over do it so I only have 3 things today. As usual, I will update tonight or tomorrow at work on what actually got done.

Off to turn on the cartoons to keep the boys occupied for a while so I can clean! Now where did my MP3 player go?

No comments: