Friday, August 28, 2009

Help Me Choose

Ugh, why do I have to make the decisions?

Here is the deal. Hubbs is an Elks Club member. The Elks picnic is this weekend and the big Chili Cookoff is next weekend.


Do we:
A. Go to the picnic on Saturday
B. Go camping for the weekend just the family
C. Stay home to do some much needed housework

Personally, I don't care where we go, as long as we go SOMEWHERE this weekend. Out of town is out of town. I don't think Hubbs wants to go to the picnic since he left the decision up to me. If he wanted to go, he would have decided that all on his own. And, the boys don't even know that it is an option, so if we do decide to go, it would be a surprise. And on top of it, we would have to leave the dogs home if we go to the picnic. If they see us loading up to go to the woods without them they are going to be so pissed.

BUT, the picnic is geared towards the kids with the games and contests and such. Plus they need interaction with other kids and out there, I have no choice but to let them run free with the other kids. It is only fair to let them go to the picnic since Hubbs and I have the Chili Cookoff.

BUT, the house is out of control. The floors need to be mopped, the carpets vacuumed, everything dusted, the office/toy room needs to be picked up and mopped, the grass needs to be mowed, the weeds needs to be pulled, the patio hosed off, a shed needs to be built, the garden needs some attention. I could go on but I am getting depressed by how much crap needs to be done.

Ugh, and then next weekend I get to do this all over again. Chili Cookoff, family camping or housework. I am not even sure I want to go to the Chili Cookoff this year either. I much prefer being with a small group rather than a huge group.

No comments: