Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Weekend BBQ part Three

Its funny how our friends segregate themselves. Like ALL the older people sit on the porch, ALL the men hang out around the BBQ grill, the women with little kids (under 12 years old) sit at the tables watching the babies and the rest of the women are in the kitchen cooking. The kids are scattered everywhere. It has been like this since I was a little kid. Even at family reunions, people would seperate into groups.

I sat with the group of women at the tables. We discussed everything from PPD to stomach bands to mood swings to not having patience with much of anything anymore.

The party started winding down since it was getting windy and cold. We ended up getting home around 9 or so. I had to skip the baths since Bobblehead was falling asleep standing up in the kitchen.

All in all, we had fun. I don't get to be social much anymore since the boys take up so much time and constant attention.

I can't wait until the Houseparty on the 20th. 2 social gatherings in a month? My mind won't know what to do!

No comments: